Strategic software product development
As a productized service I do strategy consulting for CEOs and CTOs how to transform their knowledge and processes into software products.
bandwidth-throughput.com is a niche website about bandwidths and throughputs. I’ve started it after getting a little bit more in touch with SEO stuff in 2019. It has been based upon Laravel in the first place but I’ve migrated it to WordPress due to i18n reasons. The whole WordPress instance can be deployed with help of Ansible scripts.
From my former employer I’ve took over the website bindungseinstellung.de. It is a nice website about calculating the Z-value (Z-Wert) for ski bindings. I am using this site primarily for getting to know some SEO and AdSense techniques. In the end of 2019 I rewrote the “backend” to PHP to make it more maintainable.
ZABOS is an SMS alerting tool for fire departments and hospitals. It can read POCSAG messages and automatically alert the corresponding user groups by SMS.
Next Active Directory Integration
In the last years Next Active Directory Integration has been developed into the de-facto standard for connecting WordPress with the Microsoft Active Directory.
- backmon is a tool for monitoring and purging of scheduled backups. My colleagues have re-written the whole project to make it work with S3-based backups and Prometheues-Monitoring.
- towline (private ATM) is am onitoring solution to track transactions and connected jobs across distributed environments; Java, Spring Boot
- monitord: POCSAG and ZVEI monitoring software. I am not the project owner but have integrated ActiveMQ into it. monitord is used by ZABOS; C++-stuff.
- Bluvert: a Bluetooth advertising application written in Python 2.4
- ADUaCET: managing your Active Directory profile image with an extension tab inside your MMC. Written in .NET 3.5 with usage of COM
- Various patches for Apache modules (mod_auth_sspi, mod_auth_sspi, mod_ssl) to make it work with the Active Directory. C-stuff.
- etqw-openranked – an open source ranking server for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. C++, Java and Protobuf
- node-usb – libusb abstraction layer for node.js for controlling your USB device with node.js; no longer maintained. C++, V8, libusb
Due to my place of living in Wolfsburg, Germany, most of my professional work is related to the automotive industry. There has not been the one big project as I’ve mostly supported my colleagues in solving their technical challenges and doing software architecture and strategical stuff. For a few project I did hands-on work 😉
Cost and application planning tool for data centers
Before AWS has gained traction we’ve developed a web-based tool to plan the costs of applications inside the customer’s data centres. The tool has basically a similar function as AWS’ cost planning and invocing tool.
Tool for supporting the lessons-learned process
We’ve developed a tool for tracking issues identified during the technical lessons learned process. This has been basically the predecessor of Atlassian’s Jira inside the customer’s department. Most memorable for this project has been the functionality to generate whole Microsoft PowerPoint slides for the management on the fly.